Behavior & Code of Conduct
Whistler Fitness Vacations strives to create a respectful atmosphere for everyone involved in its programs. Thus, all participants understand and agree to our key rules: no smoking, no alcohol, no outside food, no drugs, and no violence be it physically, emotionally or verbally towards any of our guests or employees. In the event any participant contravenes this policy, Whistler Fitness Vacations retains sole discretion to immediately remove that participant from the program. In the event that this measure proves necessary, Whistler Fitness Vacations will provide a brief explanation to the removed participant setting out the incident or incidents that gave rise to the said removal, within 45 days of receiving a written request for same.
Whistler Fitness Vacations reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any participant from any program or activity who risks the safety of others by their conduct or otherwise. This includes the use of drugs, violence, exhibiting signs of contagious illness, and other factors.
Whistler Fitness Vacations also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any participant from any program or activity who refuses to follow directions provided or participate in elements of a program, including but not limited to weighing herself, adapting to the provided diet plan, smoking or consuming outside food or alcohol.
Neither a refund nor a credit shall be provided to participants who are removed.
No Drugs, Smoking or Alcohol
Participants agree to abstain from alcohol, drugs, smoking (cigarettes, vaporizers or other), and outside food/drink for the duration of their stay.
No Outside Food
Whistler Fitness Vacations includes optional cooking supervision as needed. Groceries are included from the set-shopping list in The Planet Friendly Diet. Participants are responsible for preparing and cooking their own meals, plus noting leftovers on Sunday if staying multiple weeks to avoid food waste and over purchasing. Gum is not permitted during scheduled program hours.
NOTE: We are not a treatment centre for disordered eating. If you have been treated for anorexia or bulimia over the past two years, we will not accept your application. Please consider this policy before booking your weight loss immersion program, and by signing this agreement you are representing that you have not been treated for these conditions over the past two years.
All cell phones must be on flight mode (except for taking photos) during the scheduled day with the exception of lunch breaks and personal emergencies. Photo breaks are coordinated throughout your scheduled day, where you are of course welcome to use your phone for pictures.
Whistler Fitness Vacations programs are designed for participants who meet the minimum criteria of (1) being at least at a base fitness level (as outlined on FAQ page #9) and (2) are devoid of ongoing physical injuries or emotional/psychological/psychiatric maladies. For example, if you are afraid of wildlife, you will not be scheduled indoors or provided any customized scheduling due to these fears. We are a group program that is outdoors rain or shine.
In the event a participant participates in one of Whistler Fitness Vacations programs, but it is determined that the said participant does not meet the minimum fitness criteria devoid of ongoing physical injuries or emotional/psychological/psychiatric maladies, Whistler Fitness Vacations will rely on agreed terms (outlined in the legal documents on the payment form) and may exercise its right to remove the participant from the program without refund of any kind.
In addition to and notwithstanding anything herein, all participants agree to be bound by the Rules & Policies set out at Schedule “A”, attached hereto, which shall form part of this agreement.
- Notwithstanding and in addition to everything set out above, all participants of Whistler Fitness Vacations programs agree to be bound and abide by the following, failing which they may be removed from the program without refund, at the sole discretion of Whistler Fitness Vacations:
- To protect the positive experience of other guests, all complaints must be directed to management. No participant in a Whistler Fitness Vacations program shall speak negatively about any staff member or participant of any Whistler Fitness Vacations program.
- Fear of heights: Participants in advanced exercises or programs should expect to hike up trails in mountainous or hilly terrain, and all participants represent they have no fear of heights that would interfere with such activity. In the event a participant believes she has a fear of heights that would interfere with this, that participant must advise a staff member of Whistler Fitness Vacations before Whistler Fitness Vacations assigns that participant to a level or group.
- Knee injuries: Participants with the physical ability to ascend hills rapidly, but an inability to descend hills other than slowly, do not qualify for alpine hikes and will be placed in groups which may be slower or below the participant’s otherwise appropriate fitness level. In the event a participant believes she is physically limited in this regard, that participant must advise a staff member of Whistler Fitness Vacations before Whistler Fitness Vacations assigns that participant to a level or group.
- Whistler Fitness Vacations shall offer up to three hours of activity per day at varying levels of beginner fitness ability. In the event a participant is in a group for which she is either too advanced or not advanced enough, that participant shall participate with the group for the remainder of the day, and address the matter with Whistler Fitness Vacations staff at the end of the day, who will make best efforts to transfer that participant to a more appropriate level or group, if and only if Whistler Fitness Vacations believes that such a transfer is appropriate for that participant.
- Fitness activity will not always be low-impact, and beginner fitness levels will have priority scheduling on the low-impact schedule (e.g. swimming and biking). If and only if there is remaining availability in the low-impact schedule after all beginner groups have been accommodated will intermediate and advanced low-impact be offered.
- All participants in low-impact programs and exercises are required to have the physical ability to walk freely without pain for the base fitness requirement required to participate in Whistler Fitness Vacations (see #9 on the Frequently Asked Questions). It is expected that extended stay guests will progress into more Intermediate fitness level during the course of their stay, however if participants who suffer injury do not thereby qualify for beginner low-impact groups and exercises. No alternative programming will be provided in the event of an injury that prevents you from participating in the group of your ability, with the exception of Premium Packages who will be assigned independent activity in the Westin Resort and Spa Health Club.
- If a participant in any program becomes injured, no revised or personally tailored program and no rehabilitation guidance shall be provided and no refund shall be provided, other than a single complimentary day pass to Meadow Park Recreation Centre (Deluxe Package) and transportation to and therefrom, or individual assignment at the Westin Resort and Spa Health Club (Premium Package) subject to the terms and limitations set out above.
- Vehicles used by Whistler Fitness Vacations in its programs are support vehicles only, and are not intended to be principal transportation. Whistler Fitness Vacations strives to share its active transportation principles of biking or walking to all scheduled activities, and all participants agree to participate in same.
- While participating in a hike or other event requiring following a staff member of Whistler Fitness Vacations and a participant misses a turnoff the participant shall remain in one location and wait. Whistler Fitness Vacations Staff will return for that participant.
- Under no circumstances will a participant in any Whistler Fitness Vacations program yell or scream at any staff member of Whistler Fitness Vacations or other participant of a program of Whistler Fitness Vacations.
- All participants of Whistler Fitness Vacations programs recognize that fitness guides are neither fitness trainers nor nutritionists; rather are first-aid qualified motivators whose role and responsibility it is to ensure participants meet target heart-rates as determined by the Fitness Director, and does not get lost. It is the responsibility of the participant to remain 10 feet behind the person in front of them on the trails and communicate immediately if this is not possible.
- Heart-rate monitors must be worn at all times for beginner and intermediate exercisers, and all participants agree to make best efforts to remain within suggested heart-rate targets.
- No participant shall be verbally abusive to any staff member of Whistler Fitness Vacations or to any participant of any Whistler Fitness Vacations program.
- Participants recognize and understand that levels of programs and exercises to which they will be assigned are not intended to be customized or personal to them; and that the programs provided are intended to be group fitness, with no personal training provided.
- Under no circumstances will an alternative workout be provided by Whistler Fitness Vacations to any participant, other than those offered which shall consist of up to three hours of activity only.
- Support outside of regularly scheduled program hours (8.30am to 2pm) is provided to participants via the front desk of the participant’s lodging. All training questions and injury updates should be communicated to Whistler Fitness Vacations staff during scheduled program hours. Injury assessments will not be conducted by any member of Whistler Fitness Vacations staff or management, this is the sole responsibility of your appointed Doctor or Physiotherapist.
- Whistler Fitness Vacations Staff is prohibited from providing personal phone numbers or connect by social media to participants and all participants of Whistler Fitness Vacations Programs agree not to request this information. This includes texting photographs from your activity. Please use your own phone for all photographs.
All Whistler Fitness Vacations property must be duly checked-out and then returned to Whistler Fitness Vacations Staff at either 8am prior to the commencement of their Friday morning activity, or 9am in the Westin Lobby (Premium Package) and 10am in the Aspens Lobby (Deluxe Package) on the Saturday of their departure day. Participants will be charged for broken or lost items, which charges shall be made to the credit card provided to Whistler Fitness Vacations by that participant.
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the hotel pools. If participants are swimming with a Whistler Fitness Vacations fitness guide or instructor, the participant understands that these staff members (and all Whistler Fitness Vacations Staff Members) are not lifeguards. Participants personally assume all risks of injury or death by drowning or otherwise associated with swimming, and hereby waive any entitlement to compensation or to claim liability by or on the part of Whistler Fitness Vacations or any of its employees, servants, agents or assigns.
- If a participant in any Whistler Fitness Vacations program has any chronic medical condition that would not preclude them from participating in the program, but is reasonably likely of some concern, that participant assumes full responsibility to take all precautions necessary to address same and to provide written guidelines to Whistler Fitness Vacations in the event its staff must monitor that participant for signs or symptoms associated with that condition. All participants understand and acknowledge that Whistler Fitness Vacations Staff have no knowledge of medical conditions and are not medically trained.